LABOR NEGOTIATIONS OF 1997
An Historical Document
Labor Negotiations Pages:
- Building Employee's Contract Expires at Midnight
on 4/20/97. R.A.B. represented owners in negotiations. This Web
site provided negotiation updates.
- News Flash: 32B-32J Withdraws from Collective
- CNYC's Special Report on Hiring Security
- The Last RAB FAX Chain Bulletin, and
links to previous bulletins.
- RAB and Union Reach Agreement.
As the April 20, 1997, deadline drew close for negotiating a new contract
with the Building Employees' Union, Local 32B-32J, CNYC kept members informed
in three important ways:
1. Workshops. CNYC scheduled two important labor workshops focused
on the contract deadline. On April 15th a progress report was provided
on the negotiations, and members were helped with final preparations to
run their buildings if a strike occured. Another session on April 21st
described the terms of the new contract. If a strike had been in progress,
support would have been be offered.
2. RAB Hotline and FAX Chain. As the contract expiration approached,
the Realty Advisory Board maintained a 24-hour hotline to answer your
questions at (212) 889-4100. The FAX chain and CNYC World Wide Web Information
Center stood ready to offer regular updates if a strike occured. As soon
as an agreement was reached on a successor contract, the terms were summarized
here. This site provided a form to register
for RAB's Emergency Communications system.
3. CNYC's Online Labor Negotiations Hotline. This
site provided regular updates up to and during the negotiations,
and would have contained information in case of a strike.